We have processed thousands of DNA samples for the gender determination of birds from a range of species (Bird Species List).
The falcon breeding season is a particularly busy time for all involved, running from late April until July. We have developed a new service exclusively for breeders to help them manage their time constraints and busy schedules. Our new 1-working day turnaround service (£40 incl. VAT) is ideal for those who simply cannot wait to find out the sex or simply do not have the time!
This season alone we did ~2000 samples for a range of clients, whether you are a big breeder, small breeder or simply wish to know gender of a pet, get in touch today!
Why choose chXout?
- Quality assured, our laboratory work and results are all thoroughly checked by a competent member of our skilled staff.
- Just in case we cannot obtain any DNA the first time, we will repeat the experiments a second time with more sample free of charge!
- A professional and personal service, please do not hesitate to ever get in touch whether that be by phone, email or our online live chat service!
- Results are available within 5 working days.
- Your final report issued in .pdf, easily downloadable and printable.
- Using our extensive Biobanking, we may store your samples for you for future reference!
- your selected service
- Quality assured, results are always double checked
- Final report downloadable and printable
- Certificate on special paper is available for only £15 pounds
This service is only available on egg membranes during the bird season (April-July).
*Please note: The day the samples arrive at our laboratory is considered ‘Day 0‘. All services should be counted from this point onwards.
We are on the news!
The Times found our story interesting, you can read all about it here:
Bird sexing using DNA technology – Peregrine falcons:
To order your kit, please select the Bird Sexing turnaround (3, 2 or 1 day) from the panel on the right hand side under “Bird (Avian) Services” and add the item to your shopping cart. Once we receive your order, we will issue the selected kit to the provided address.
If time is of the essence, you still have two options:
1. You can send us the samples yourself, in this case please ensure all samples are packaged securely and clearly labelled. Please then download one of each of our Sample Submission and Personal Details forms.
If you do not have a printer available, please clearly write your full name, postal address, telephone number, email address and the service you require on a sheet to include with your samples.
2. You can drop the samples at our laboratories. In this case, please make sure the samples are properly identified. You can pay directly to one of our staff or pay later as you desire.
As soon as your samples arrive at our laboratory we will notify you by email.
You can also send us an email ([email protected]) or contact us on 0191 543 9448.
Your kit includes Ziploc bags, Sample Submission form, Personal Details form and Sample Submission instructions.
If you prefer to send in blood samples, we may provide you with sterilised swabs for sample collection.
Our fee also covers all laboratory work.
We may take payment in the following ways:
- Directly through our website ordering system via PayPal.
- PayPal Invoice – we will issue this.
- Pay by the Phone by debit/credit card. Please be aware all calls from chXout will appear as ‘No Caller ID’.
- Cheque – made payable to “Complement Genomics Ltd”.
We highly recommend, wherever possible, to send in dry egg membranes for analysis. If this is no longer an option, we also accept feathers (6+) and blood (on a cotton swab or in a vial).
As a last resort we may use mouth swabs, however please contact us before sending in any of this sample type.
If you require further details on sample collection, please visit: Bird Sample Submissions.
the membrane you can send feathers (at least 6 feathers) or blood samples.
Please check our sample submission help page: Bird Sample Submissions
Once your samples arrive at our laboratory, we will issue you a sample receipt to your provided email address. This will cover the date we received the samples, how many and your expected due date.
Once your samples arrive at our laboratory, you will receive your report by email within 5 working days.
Please remember that the day that samples arrive is classed as ‘Day 0’.
We do not work on weekends and bank holidays.