chXout are a trusted DNA testing service provider, dedicated to providing breeders and pet owners alike with accurate and reliable DNA testing.
For a range of species and most hatchlings sex determination by their appearance or physical appearance is extremely difficult. Therefore, DNA analysis presents itself as the most viable solution for determining whether a bird is male or female as the sexing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) detects DNA sequences in the avian sex chromosomes; male birds (ZZ) and female birds (ZW). Bird sexing is achieved through DNA analysis of the following suitable sample submission types:
Dry Egg Membrane
For more information on suitable sample submissions types and their collection, please visit our Sample Submissions page.
Why should you choose chXout?
- We have processed thousands of samples for a wide range of species (Bird Species List)
- Your results are available from 1-3 working days
- Quality assured DNA tests
- If no DNA is obtained the first time, we will repeat the experiment (free of charge)
- A professional and personal service
- Your final report is issued in .pdf form (easily downloadable and printable)
- Results certificate available (£15.00)
The falcon breeding season, running from late April until June, is a particularly busy time for all involved at chXout. During the 2019 breeding season alone we sexed more than 2000 samples for a range of clients. Whether you are a breeder or pet owner and wish to know the gender of a bird, get in touch today!
Sexing birds using DNA testing technology represents the following benefits:
Appropriate to birds of any age
Birds are not subject to stress of transport
Not limited by the time of year
Please note: During bird season, the day the samples arrive at our laboratory is considered ‘Day 0’.
Outside of bird season (April-July) DNA extractions will be carried out every Monday (‘Day 0’).
Personal Details & Payment
Sample Submission Instructions