There are currently 17 bat species residing in the UK and scientists often use bat droppings to differentiate between these bat species. We can use characteristics such as shape, texture and size of droppings to determine which bat species produced it, however, this visual analysis is not always reliable. DNA testing of bat droppings gives us an accurate result of which species the droppings belong to.
Why choose chXout?
- Quality assured, our laboratory work and results are all thoroughly checked by a competent member of our skilled staff.
- Just in case we cannot obtain any DNA the first time, we will repeat the experiments a second time with more sample free of charge!
- A professional and personal service, please do not hesitate to ever get in touch whether that be by phone, email or our online live chat service!
- Results are available within 5 working days.
- Your final report issued in .pdf, easily downloadable and printable.
- Using our extensive Biobanking, we may store your samples for you for future reference!
To order your kit, please select the Bat Species Identification kit from the panel on the right hand side under “Professional Services” and add the item to your shopping cart. Once we receive your order, we will issue your kit to the provided address.
If time is of the essence, you still have two options:
1. You can send us the samples yourself, in this case please ensure all samples are packaged securely and clearly labelled. Please then download one of each of our Sample Submission and Personal Details forms.
If you do not have a printer available, please clearly write your full name, postal address, telephone number, email address and the service you require on a sheet to include with your samples.
2. You can drop the samples at our laboratories. In this case, please make sure the samples are properly identified. You can pay directly to one of our staff or pay later as you desire.
As soon as your samples arrive at our laboratory we will notify you by email.
You can also send us an email ([email protected]) or contact us on 0191 543 9448.
Your kit includes the tubes and bags needed, the forms and instructions as well as a pre-paid envelop. It also includes the DNA analysis of your sample.
We can take payments in the following ways:
- Directly through website ordering system (All below options available)
- PayPal – directly from website store
- PayPal Invoice – we will issue this
- Worldpay – debit/credit card over the telephone
- Cheque – made payable to “Complement Genomics Ltd”
Once your samples arrive to the laboratory, you will be contacted by email from one of our staff with the details of your case.
Once your samples arrive to the laboratory you will receive your report within 4-3 working days by email, depending on your selected service.
Please remember that the day that samples arrive is classed as day 0. We do not work on weekends and bank holidays.