Species identification of plants, animals and fungi!
Here at chXout we offer a premium service to the public and businesses alike, allowing you to identify biological specimens through DNA analysis.
Our kit provides a quick, intuitive and easy means to identify any species that may peak your interest. Where did those seeds come from? What species is this plant in the garden? Or perhaps you are on a woodland forage and wish to identify a fungus you have discovered, we are here to help!
You may have an animal specimen, a pond creature, a wasp or bee. Whether flora or fauna, we are here for your species identification needs.
We can even work from “dead” specimens (e.g. bones)! However, please contact us prior so that we may inform you on suitable sample submissions.
Please remember that this technology can identify the species, however we are unable to differentiate between specific cultivars, breeds etc.
Why choose chXout?
- Quality assured, our laboratory work and results are all thoroughly checked by a competent member of our skilled staff.
- Just in case we cannot obtain any DNA the first time, we will repeat the experiments a second time with more sample free of charge!
- A professional and personal service, please do not hesitate to ever get in touch whether that be by phone, email or our online live chat service!
- Results are available within 5 working days.
- Your final report issued in .pdf, easily downloadable and printable.
- Using our extensive Biobanking, we may store your samples for you for future reference!
To order your kit, please select the product Bird Species Identification test from the panel on the right hand side “Bird (Avian) Services” and add the item to your shopping cart. We will receive your order and send you an email with information about how to proceed.
If time is of the essence, you still have two options:
1. You can send us the samples yourself, in this case please ensure all samples are packaged securely and clearly labelled. Please then download one of each of our Sample Submission and Personal Details forms.
If you do not have a printer available, please clearly write your full name, postal address, telephone number, email address and the service you require on a sheet to include with your samples.
2. You can drop the samples at our laboratories. In this case, please make sure the samples are properly identified. You can pay directly to one of our staff or pay later as you desire.
As soon as your samples arrive at our laboratory we will notify you by email.
You can also send us an email ([email protected]) or contact us on 0191 543 9448.
Your kit includes Ziploc bags, Sample Submission form, Personal Details form and Sample Submission instructions.
If you prefer to send in blood samples, we may provide you with sterilised swabs for sample collection.
Our fee also covers all laboratory work.
We may take payment in the following ways:
- Directly through our website ordering system via PayPal.
- PayPal Invoice – we will issue this.
- Pay by the Phone by debit/credit card. Please be aware all calls from chXout will appear as ‘No Caller ID’.
- Cheque – made payable to “Complement Genomics Ltd”.
Plants: To identify a plant we require the small young leaves from near the shoot tips. Please avoid collecting them during a hot spell and ensure you do not send us a dried out leaf. You may also send us seeds, flowers and roots. Place your preferred sample type into the collection tube(s) provided with your kit, using a new collection tube for each new sample.
Animals: To identify an animal’s species, we need a part of the animal in question, this can be its flesh, blood or its faeces. Please place the samples into the provided collection tubes in your kit while wearing gloves to prevent contamination. When collected animal droppings please provide us with multiple pellets if you are sure they are from the same animal.
Fungi: To identify fungi we require part of the body. Place this into the collection tube(s) provided with your kit, using a new collection tube for each new sample.
Once your samples arrive at our laboratory, we will issue you a sample receipt to your provided email address. This will cover the date we received the samples, how many and your expected due date.
Once your samples arrive at our laboratory, you will receive your report by email within 5 working days.
Please remember that the day that samples arrive is classed as ‘Day 0’.
We do not work on weekends and bank holidays.
s and bank holidays.