BIRD SPECIES ID
5 WORKING DAY TURNAROUND
£54 INCL. VAT
INSTRUCTIONS & FORMS
At chXout® we provide a trusted and reliable bird DNA species ID service through the genetic analysis of DNA.
When a bird species lacks a distinctive plumage or other physical characteristics, DNA testing can provide a quick a non-invasive method for determining species identity when the more conventional techniques of species identification prove uncertain. The genetic analysis of DNA can be an accurate and affordable tool for species identification for conservation programmes, combatting the illegal wildlife trade, breeding and bird strike cases.
WHY CHOOSE DNA TESTING?
- DNA species ID can be carried out for birds of any age.
- The birds are not subjected to the stress of transport.
- An egg shell membrane sample is non-invasive.
- Available year round
- We can also provide gender determination testing.
- Being certain of the species can aid with understanding more about health, behaviour and also for breeding purpos
After extracting, amplifying and analysing a region of DNA from one of these sample sources, we are provided with a DNA sequence for identifying a bird species. This sequence is then ran through a genetic analyser and matched against a database of known species, allowing for bird species determination.
Species identification is made possible by molecular analysis of the DNA found in the following sample submission types:
DRIED EGG MEMBRANE
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Collect your sample using our sampling instructions at the top of the page.
- Ensure that your samples are sealed securely and labelled correctly.
- Complete the relevant forms for your service. If you email them to firstname.lastname@example.org we will know to expect your sample(s) & it will help us to manage case loads in busy periods.
- Package your samples safely and include your client reference.
- Enclose your sample submission form if these have not already been emailed to us.
- Send your samples to us at:
chXout®, The Durham Genome Centre, Park House, Station Road, Lanchester, DH7 0EX
7. A report will be emailed to you attached as a PDF document within your chosen turnaround time and as soon as the results are available.
Please ensure that the correct postage is used for the size of the letter or parcel to avoid any delays due to insufficient postage.